CAOS Forums

• October 23, 2014, 10:27:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WESTERN AUTO REVELATION 12GA  (Read 6867 times)

dmartin

• Registered
WESTERN AUTO REVELATION 12GA
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:43:26 AM »

Friday mom gave me my dad collection of guns three hand guns and 9 shotguns i am having trouble trying to find any info on the western auto revelation 12 GA r310abr. I do understand it may have been built by mossberg but i can not find what year there is one stamp on the receiver g9450094 any help would be great

thanks

offroadr1

• CAOS Corp. Sponsor
  • Registered
  • habitual line stepper
Re: WESTERN AUTO REVELATION 12GA
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 07:52:49 AM »

take it by the gun cellar in hoover. those guys are all old school and can pretty much identify/appraise anyhting.

dmartin

• Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »

thanks

Jonica

• Administrator
  • Registered
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:10:32 PM »

Found this:

Revelation 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun.  This Model R310ABR, 12 gauge shotgun was made for Western Auto Supply Co. by Mossberg and carries their "Revelation" trademark.  It's really just the tried and true Mossberg Model 500 series pump shotgun with the Western Auto logo.  The receiver is anodized aluminum just as are the Mossberg 500's being made today.  The 26" vent rib barrel is fitted with a "C-Lect-Choke",  Mossberg's version of the venerable Poly Choke used for so many years before the invention of internal choke tubes.  It isn't pretty, it'll give you the option to dial up a different choke at a moments notice.  The wood, looks like walnut, but is probably some other hardwood, and is in good shape with few dents or dings and a nice finish.  The buttstock is also fitted with a ventilated recoil pad.  The anodized receiver has but a few scratches and the blueing on the barrel is worn and browning in a few areas, but is still pretty solid with no pitting.  The 2-3/4 or  3" chamber gives you the ability to shoot birds from doves to geese.  The bore is nice and shiny with no rust.  The front sight bead has been lost at some point and replaced with a screw, but still gives a good sighting reference.  This is a solid shotgun and would make a great backup just in case your old favorite went haywire at an inopportune time.  Also, could be you've got a youngster who's ready to graduate to a 12 gauge and you're just not quite ready to spend a small fortune.  Priced at a reasonable $135.00 it shouldn't last long.

http://www.gilmoreengineering.com/prod01.htm
Jonica Williams
Treasurer

Get Involved: The world is run by people that show up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 23 queries.